Police Department Jobs
Partnering with the Community to Provide Service and Safety
The Boulder Police Department is currently accepting applications for new and lateral police officers. We have an expedited hiring process with qualified applicants being eligible for hire within 60 days of completing their application. - Apply Now - Deadline to apply is October 20th.
Benefits & Salary
Officers with the Boulder Police Department are represented by our collective bargaining unit, the Boulder Police Officer Association (BPOA) who negotiates benefits and salary with the City of Boulder. As of the 2019/2020 contract, new officers earn 202 hours of vacation time and 120 hours of sick time each year. The current hiring rage for new officers is $62,898 - $76,352*, with top out pay at $89,622 and $92,758 starting January 2020.
- Wide Variety of Specialty Units
- College Town with Thriving Downtown Area
- Boulder PD SWAT Team
- 3 Months Paid Parental Leave
- Abundant Opportunities for Overtime
Officers assigned to the Patrol Division bid for schedules in November of each year, for the following calendar year. Officers work a 4-day work week with 10-hour shifts.
- Application Submission & Review
- Initial Testing
- Video Interview
- Oral Boards & Physical Ability Testing
- Follow Up Interview
- After completing the above listed steps, successful candidates are eligible to be referred to post conditional job offer testing.
Helpful Contacts & Links
- Commander Katie McEldowney
- HR Services Coordinator Diane Herzberg
- Ride Along Request
* Starting pay for officers hired in 2019 is $62,898. Some candidates may qualify for a higher starting salary, which is dependent on experience