The Boulder Police Department arrested and charged an adult male last night in connection to the shots fired call that occurred at 12th and College streets on Monday.
Just before 6 a.m. on Dec. 6, officers received multiple calls for gunshots being fired in the University Hill neighborhood. Officers arrived on scene within minutes and identified an adult male who lives in one of the apartments as a person of interest.
After further investigation, officers and detectives charged Matthew D. Marton, 21, with:
• Felony unlawful purchase of firearms
• Felony menacing with a deadly weapon
• Misdemeanor defacing a firearm
• Misdemeanor possession of a defaced firearm
• Misdemeanor prohibited use of weapons—aim at another person (two counts)
• Misdemeanor prohibited use of weapons—discharge (two counts)
• Misdemeanor reckless endangerment (three counts)
Anyone with any additional information related to this incident is asked to call Detective K. Euler at 303-441-3393 reference case 21-11636. Those who have information, but wish to remain anonymous may contact the Northern Colorado Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be submitted through the Crime Stoppers website at https://nococrimestoppers.com/